[rollei_list] Re: Article

  • From: Bernard <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:16:24 -0400

With all due respect, you know two more than I. The other issue is indeed AF, while the DMR may be a great way to ensure a future for someone's investiment in a very expensive manual focus camera, many photographers who want the latest DSLR, typically look elsewhere.

While I don't know any photographers who use the DMR, I do know a few high-end fashion, advertising and corporate photographers using Leica R lenses on Canon SLR's.
From talking to them, it seems their rationale is the exact opposite of what you state. They are buying the lenses in order to protect their investment in very expensive DSLR's.

The market is changing fast. Big files may have been sufficient a year ago, but high-end clients now expect them to be sharp as well (what do they know?).

Bernard