[rollei_list] Re: Article

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:46:37 -0700

At 02:59 PM 5/25/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Anyone interested in Digital Photography, I was fortunate to have an article published in Ranegfinder.

<http://www.rangefindermag.com/magazine/May06/36.tml>http://www.rangefindermag.com/magazine/May06/36.tml

Peter,

I think we, and others, have discussed from time to time, what the megapixel rating of good 35mm slide film would be (picking 35mm on a Rollei Site is heresy, as Slobo says), but it's the most common standard available.

I've heard a number of 24 Megapixels. (Yes, there are many kinds of slide films, so this is a general number, not a setup for nit-picking)

Anyone here have a number to relate film to sensors?

Also, I keep hearing that Kodak is a major manufacturer of digital image sensors, and has patents that affect just about every digital camera on the market. Marc or Richard might have some info on that issue.

DAW

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA