[rollei_list] Re: Argomania

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:53:18 -0500

At 10:52 PM 1/10/2010, Don Williams wrote:
At 08:47 PM 1/10/2010, you wrote:
Felleni's La Dolce Vita is filled with a gang of celebrity photogs. They are always accompanied by the tinkling sound of their discarded flash bulbs bouncing on the pavement.

Paparazzo himself, though has a big Braun electronic flash bolted to his Rolleiflex - with a separate battery.

This makes me remember that the strobe I bought in Panama in 1953nwas most likely a little Braun, powered by a high voltage battery, with the battery and capacitor in a separate pouch. It's the one I had to grind an X-sync grove on the shutter drive shaft in my C4. It couldn't have cost much since I was living on $35 per month during that summer cruise.

Don, that is about $US 275 in real money. Not a bad wage for a kid, especially as it was all found. Did you do a LOT of drinkin' and whorin' about that summer? Say no more! Your wife may be listening in!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!