[rollei_list] Re: Arca Plate to fit MX-EVS

  • From: bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:03:09 +0100 (CET)

From Jeff :
> ....All my other equipment has Arca style plates permanently installed for
> use
> with my Arca B1 ballhead.
>

> I guess the other option would be to find a Rolleifix and attach a smaller
> plate to it?

Richard K. has explained why a Rolleifix in any case is mechanically
better to safely connect a R-TLR to any tripod head.

I also have an Arca Swiss ball head equiped with the quick-release
system, purchased long after using a Rolleifix. The two options I
would consider are :

1/ the small, square, rubber-covered Arca Swiss plate to be attached
under the Rolleifix, the whole assembly height is very reasonable, I
tested it and it works fine.

2/ using the "Hasselblad series 500" Arca Swiss plate that fits the
older Hasselblad sockets. In order to fit the Rolleifix to this plate
you have to slightly modify the bottom of the Rolleifix by filing
about half a millimetre on both sides so that it seats and fits onto
the hasselblad-dedicated plate without play. Doing so, the Rolleifix
cannot rotate at all on the plate. The Hasselblad Arca-Swiss plate
offers both 1/4" and 3/8" screws so that you can use a vintage
Rolleifix @3/8" without an adaptor screw.

Since option #1 had proved to work for me, I have left option #2 for a
future rainy day ;-)

--
Emmanuel BIGLER
<bigler@xxxxxxxx>