[rollei_list] Re: Arca Plate to fit MX-EVS

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:00:08 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Kelley" <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:23 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Arca Plate to fit MX-EVS

Greetings:

I just found this list when looking for info on the Rolleiflex MX-EVS that I recently acquired.

This is the first TLR I've ever owned and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun after getting the camera CLA'd.

All my other equipment has Arca style plates permanently installed for use with my Arca B1 ballhead.

I'm aware of the Rolleifix but also saw in the archives that people had plates big enough to support the four small feet on the bottom of the Rolleiflex.

Can someone point me to a source for such a plate? I've looked at ReallyRightStuff and KirkPhoto but don't see plates large enough....

I guess the other option would be to find a Rolleifix and attach a smaller plate to it?

Thanks.
Jeff
The Rolleifix gives you the ability to get the camera off the tripod quickly for reloading or if you want to hand hold it for some shots. I don't see any reason the Rolleifix could not be attached to an adaptor plate.
The Rolleifix has the advantage over a normal tripod mounting that it holds the camera by clamping around the circular thing on the bottom plus supports the entire bottom at the feet. This is both pretty rigid and prevents torquing the back.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx