[rollei_list] Re: Anyone know about this store?

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:37:51 -0700

This is why I never order from any of the "New York" outfit except B&H
and Adorama, without exception.

Richard

On 7/8/06, Mark A. Kay, M.D., Ph.D. <markay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes this is it.. great find.. I am going to mark it for further reference. It just kills me that the photo magazines who claim they will not accept advertising from dishonest dealers continue to advertise for many of them even though it is common knowledge they are the slim of the earth.

I got taken with my first online camera purchase.  I ordered a
portable DVD player, needed it quickly for the kids on a long trip.
Best price Abes of Maine--- high rating on CNET. com. Sounded like a
nice store  in Maine.... Wrong Brooklyn.  I got a great price and the
item came two days late but came (I had ordered 2 day shipping).  A
year later I was to buy my first digital camera.. This was many years
ago.  Well I got the old bait and switch and noticed they tripled the
stated shipping rate.  I went back and found my old ticket for the
DvD--- sure enough  125 dollar shipping when I was quoted 35 dollars.
I totally missed this.  I called and told them I wanted to get a full
refund on my new order.  They offered to lower the shipping and the
price of the items since they had pulled a bait and switch.  I said
no... sent it back.  From that point on.. I do my home work on
ressellerratings.com  You need a PO to post a claim and unless the
store can refute the PO, the comment is allowed.  So no stuffing the
ballet box as they say.  Sorry but the original thread -- brought
back memories or perhaps Post Traumatic stress disorder.

-- Mark A. Kay MD, PhD Professor Dennis Farrey Family Professor Departments of Pediatrics and Genetics Stanford University Lab information: http://kaylab.stanford.edu Program in Gene Therapy: http://med.stanford.edu/genetherapy/ Photo gallery: http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161 --- Rollei List