[rollei_list] Re: Anybody used this accessory?

  • From: Carl Lantz <ccwlantz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:41:53 -0600

Ken, some years ago I had need to use a Vivitar 283 flash with my 3.5E2 and I found an old Walz Rollei lens hood at one of the local Sunday camera shows. I attached an accessory shoe to this hood by drilling a hole thru the side of the lens hood and used a button head screw to fasten the shoe. This allowed me to mount the sensor for the 283 close to the lens, but move the flash to where I needed it. I would think that any heavy weight, like a flash with batteries, on the lens board would distort the camera.

If you are interested, I can send a photo of it as I don't have a site to which I can post one.

Regards,
Carl Lantz

At 10:23 AM 3/2/2006, you wrote:
I used a flash with my 2.8F and got some decent results (I'll post them tonite), but I using the flash was a bit awkward.

I googled and found this item:

<http://www.mediajoy.com/en/camerashopper/O_products/accessory/rollei_syu/index.html>http://www.mediajoy.com/en/camerashopper/O_products/accessory/rollei_syu/index.html

Has anybody used this accessory, or something similar? It would really be helpful.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PAW):
<http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r>http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
<http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn>http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn