[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:55:24 -0500

On Feb 12, 2006, at 9:34 AM, jcd1250@xxxxxxx wrote:

Never tried the 6000 cameras because I had a friend with an SLX who had quite a few problems with it (that presumably were corrected with the 6000 series cameras).

The original SLX was plagued with problems. Later ones were reliable. The 6006 was even better, and the 6008 still better. Generally I advise people to avoid SLX unless they get a late one at a super price. The original one has chrome rings around the shutter buttons, while later ones have black rings molded as part of the body. Some very late ones have red shutter release buttons.

Mechanically, the SLX and 6000 series cameras are quite simple. Rarely do they have mechanical problems. The electronics are where problems occur, and the quality of the electronics was improved greatly with each revision.

Originally the SLX was intended to be a very inexpensive camera made mostly from molded plastic parts. Rollei projected that it would sell for the same as the Kowa 6 X 6 SLR. Rollei quickly realized that doing the electronics right was going to make the camera expensive, though.

Bob