[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:23:52 -0800

At 05:06 PM 2/15/2006 -0500, Bob Shell wrote:

The main thing people have trouble with is putting the edge of the
film under that metal piece that pulls it out of the way so you can
slide the insert into the magazine.  With the late Kiev and Rollei
designs you just don't have to fiddle with that.  Great improvement.

Since I've owned Hasselblads since 1962, I guess I never thought of this as being a limitation. It is simply automatic.

The normal fast way of loading a Hasselblad mag makes it pretty much impossible to not slide the film under the clip. It is funny to me that folks think that this is a limitation, or a stumbling point, or whatever. Most folks thing the Hassy mag is a hellova lot easier than loading a Leica M camera. I don't as I have no problem loading them either. I have loaded both Hassy and Leica M many many times in total darkness.

Every camera is different. My "new" SL66 is different and since it is new to me, I actually have to stop and think about what I am doing.

My ONLY gripe about Hassy magazines is that they take only one type of film. Different backs for 120 and 220. Really really dumb! You know that they made lots of dual film prototypes. Then the marketing folks said "hey... we can sell twice as many $1000 backs by keeping them single film minded."

Jim