[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:04:04 -0500

On Feb 13, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Douglas Nygren wrote:

Bob, your story about your repair shop reminds me of the one about a nuclear reactor out on the west coast. The machine was breaking and nobody knew what was wrong. They brought in a "expert" on it. He looked at it first from one angle, then another, then yet another. He walked this way and that. It took a couple of hours until he made a mark on it and told them to remove that section. He left and a few days later they received his bill for $100,000. They called him up and asked how he could justify his fee. He said, diagnosing the problem cost only $200, know how to diagnose it was the rest of the fee.

Yep. Now if I could have charged $ 100,000 to unjam Hasselblads I'd be retired and rich.

Bob