[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:37:22 -0800

True. It is very logical. And nothing gets jammed. If you, somehow, screw-up, turn the little slot in the direction of the red arrow, and that's it!

I've owned and used Hasselblads since 1962. And plenty of extension tubes. In a heavy duty commercial photography environment. I have never had a jammed Hasselblad. Neophytes may think they have a jammed Hasselblad, but there is always (99%) an easy solution. OTOH, I have, right now, a jammed Yashica TLR. I had to send my Rolleicord in for repair (sometime in the fifties) when it locked-up and would not cock, shoot, or wind.

This "jammed Hasselblad" syndrome is, AFAIAC, is a myth.

Jim

At 06:59 PM 2/12/2006, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Doug

One would have to be PF stupid or retarded to forget the
H'blad "protocol" for changing lenses/ extension tubes.

Jerry

Douglas Nygren wrote:

> I'm confused. I think it's fine if someone prefers a Hassy over a
> Rollei, but I don't understand how a Hassy has ease of use. Yes,
> availability is better with a Hassy. Support for it is also better
> because more of them are used here. But ease of use? The Hassy is a
> contraption. If you don't follow the protocol for changing the lens
> correctly, you can jam up the camera. Inserting film is more
> problematic. The Rollei 6000 is much easier as is the TLR.
>
> Again, I think it's fine to use a Hassy. I own one and the Biogon as
> well. I also use Rolleis I find them much more user friendly.
>
> Doug

--- Rollei List