[rollei_list] Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Effect on Enlarging

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:31:33 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Williams" <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:09 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Effect on Enlarging

At 09:00 PM 5/28/2009, Dick wrote:
I refer you to my last post. Anti-Newton ring glass is available for slides and normally works on the support side however, I think coated glass is available for slide mounting. Unfortunately, the picture glass is probably not thin enough.

Since moving we gave become a major consumer of "anti-reflection-glass" for mounting prints*. It is indeed too thick for slide mounting. Also the cost is un-real.

On the other hand I still have, somewhere, what is probably a year's supply of ANR slide mounting kits.

*It's a given that the mistress of the house requires all new prints to match the new house. All my own work is now stacked in the back bedroom, replaced with expensive prints in expensive custom frames.

DAW

Italian renaissance rococo no doubt replete with gold leaf. Or does she want you to tone all the B&W to match the walls? I mostly like plain frames for photos.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA