[rollei_list] Re: Another attachment test

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:40:47 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:31 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Another attachment test

>    Another attachment test. I've made a small change
> again.
> I am sending a very small attachment.
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
> dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   I've left the strip MIME attachments working but
unchecked "humanize MIME" which coverts MIME to plain text.
MIME is the standard method of encoding binary files for
e-mail. Since the e-mail system (and Usenet) work with plain
text only any binary file such as a picture some formatted
text must be converted to a code using text characters.
Normally you would not see these but the list setting
converts them back to text. The settings as now set will
strip attachments off the messages but will allow some MIME
encoded stuff through. This printer's pie may have been
something like a digital signature or visiting card.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx