[rollei_list] Re: An ebay explanation

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:04:07 -0400

Modern emulsions not withstanding, you would not want to be more than
1/3-1/2 stop off shooting slide film...

I would avoid classic selenium meters if you want accuracy.
Nostalgia... that is another matter...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 3/19/07, Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.westonmaster.com

The above link has more info than you'll probably want to know about the
Weston meters.

I have a Weston III circa 1956 that tests OK according to the methods on
that site and it matches the readings I get from a DSLR as well.

These meters are small and work fine in most situations...plus you never
have to worry about a battery running down.

Richard, the Weston III I have does not seem to have to be corrected nearly
as much as you suggest.  The guy on the site linked above, in fact, states
that with modern films, you can pretty much ignore the old advice about
correcting for the way the Weston reads light vs. today's meters.
I've found it true with the Weston III I own, but have no experience with
any other Weston meters.

Jeff