[rollei_list] Re: Alfred Gregory...Summit photographs

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:51:08 -0300

Marc,  this topic started on topic, it started in the old RUG as a
discussion about the use of a Rolleiflex TLR camera during the 1953
Expedition to Everest, I'll avoid to summarize the discussions points,
but each one knows what wrote and the messages are in the archives, at
least I have them.

Anyway I'd like to clarify other two points: Camp VIII was the Camp in
the South Col at 25,850 feet, the highest camp was Camp IX at about
27,900 feet, it was installed by Lowe, Gregory and Ang Nyma, from this
CIX Hillary and Tenzing launched the final assault to the summit, to
climb the lasts 1,100 feet.
I mentioned the photographs because the photographs were a significant
point for the expedition purposes, Edmund Hillary in the same chapter
16 "THE SUMMIT" writes that the more significant photograph he took in
the summit was that one about the North Face I mentioned in my