[rollei_list] Re: Alfred Gregory, '53 Everest photographer death

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:45:50 -0400

At 11:33 AM 3/15/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Marc, if I'm using  the expedition book report as direct source and
>you are working from memory, we have nothing to discuss.-

Again, you have yet to identify any significant differences. You just keep quoting text without discussion. The only point on which we seem to disagree is whether Gregory went high to CVIII in '53 and, if so, whether he took his Rolleiflex along. His presence at CVIII would have violated the Expedition rules as set by the Everest Committee but Lord Hunt may have waived these in this one specific case. Other support staff were not permitted to climb above the ABC or, in a few cases, beyond the South Col.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!