[rollei_list] Re: Alfred Gregory, '53 Everest photographer death

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:30:44 -0300

It's funny the way you change your opinions according my posts
content, yesterday you did not know or you did not recall Alfred
Gregory was the official photographer for still photography, today you
wrote " .. I do realize that Gregory claimed to have set up CVIII for
Hillary and Tenzing at 28,000 feet, but I find this improbable, simply
as a photographer is a highly prized technician and is not used in
such a role...", I insist with THE TIMES Gregory's obituary, he was
first mountaineer and afterward photographer; Gregory claimed nothing,
that climbing is a fact in the expedition book.

You are not discussing with me, you are discussing with Hunt, he
writes in the page 218 "... Before leaving us _in the Cwm_ , James
Morris, now on his way to Kathmandu, had said that he hoped to be able
to get a brief message back quickly...".
If you know more than John Hunt on the facts, I give you the reason.

Carlos