[rollei_list] Adventures in an Antique Shop

  • From: James Davis <jamesd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:36:52 +0100 (BST)

So I'm in an Antique shop and spy a battered Rolleicord (I think a II)
hidden away in a display cabinet. I ask to take a closer look. The camera
is almost irrepairably rusted and the leather is pealing. It's difficult
to open up without feeling like you're about to break it. Both lenses are
somewhat cloudy and the focusing screen so dark it was hard enough to see
something let alone focus. The shutter mechanism didn't look completely
sound even though it was marked as being in full working order.

Marked price: £120, or roughly $210.

Needless to say I didn't buy it or even try to negotiate on the price. :-)

James