[rollei_list] Re: Acknowledgement and Thanks

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:23:59 -0700

At 07:04 PM 7/19/2005, you wrote:

Don,

I was, but that was then, and this is now.  I have been home for a while.

I can highly recommend the facilities of the Thornton Hospital Cardiac Care Unit of UCSD.

Jerry

How did you like the silk sheets, walnut interior, glass atrium, custom menu, etc?

It even has a nice visitors cafeteria which is worth dropping by when in the area.

I usually go to the [Cecil and Ida] Green Hospital at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines. Cecil Green founded Texas Instruments and passed away in the hospital last fall. Green hospital is nice but doesn't have the class of Thornton.

You were in the top of the market. You probably know John Thornton. He founded Wavetek on Balboa during the good years and has since sold it to Terry Gooding, the founder of Maxwell Labs on Balboa. John and Sally now concentrate on their winery up HY15. They used to own the bottle shop in downtown La Jolla but my kids tell me they sold it.

John and Sally Thornton also funded a charter school, linked to UCSD, just off Genesee and near the hospital.

Sorry for all the local chatter but I have the feeling that most folks have been through this town at one time or another. I promise I will stop now.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA