[rollei_list] Re: Abalone and Caviar

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:18:51 -0400

jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Farmed and fresh fish..

Marc,

Here in the NW the issue is farm vs. fresh salmon....Here is a link that mat
apply to both salmon and abalone:

http://www.albany.edu/ihe/salmonstudy/summary.html

It's pretty widely accepted that farm-raised salmon is much higher in toxins than wild. You are generally better off eating canned salmon... it is (for the most part) wild pacific salmon caught and processed in Alaska; you have no assurance that fresh Salmon sold as wild really is. The canned stuff is the basis for my Salmon Croquettes, Salmon Pasta Salad and Salmon Tacos... family summer favorites!

All this Rollei talk is making me hungry...

Eric Goldstein