[rollei_list] Re: AW: Rolleiflex SL 35M

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:46:17 -0300

Sven:
           I think your explanation could be valid for the QBM I and
II, however it is not valid for the QBM III and IV. QBM III added a
slot in the camera lens bayonet mount and a lever in the lens to
simulate f stops; QBM IV added a pin in the camera bayonet lens mount
and a variable groove in the lens according the lens largest aperture,
this way the groove presses the pin in the camera and  the camera
knows the lens largest aperture.

In fact, as I explained yesterday, my VSL3-E with QBM III has an
automatic mode, you put the shutter speed dial in "A" and you choose
the f stop, the camera selects the shutter speed automatically,
according your selected aperture.
A "full" automatic mode does not require exposure adjustments by the
photographer, you put the lens diaphragm ring in "A" and the shutter
speed dial in "A" and the camera does the work within the automatic
mode metering range.

Regards
Carlos