[rollei_list] AW: Rolleiflex SL 35 E and birds in the wild

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:51:57 +0000

The lens you have might be a so called "Wundertüte"  (lucky bag)    after a
review of the German magazine Color Foto.
These lenses were mostly made by Cosina and showed excellent optical
performance while having mediocre mechanical stability.
I own the 500/8.0.
The challenge is the  correct focusing.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beroflex

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsgs.aspx?subjectid=52350&msgnum=14608&batchsize=10&batchtype=Previous

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=de&rurl=translate.google.de&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.bilderforum.de/t4985-beroflex-500mm-f-8-0-wundertuete-der-test-72er-ausfuehrung-gegen-67er.html

http://www.bilderforum.de/t4985-beroflex-500mm-f-8-0-wundertuete-der-test-72er-ausfuehrung-gegen-67er.html

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16570

Telephoto lens "grab bag" It was cheaper in price, but surprisingly good
performance: the legendary Tele of Beroflex. When Walter E. Schön 1980, the
trade magazine Color photo as has often published a report, he did not know
that he almost thereby founding a myth. He wrote in his conclusion: "The
Beroflex lens is characterized by a price-performance ratio, achieved by no
other objective of the test even close. It is compared to the Spiegellinsern
Although a long bag ', but in terms of its image quality and considering the
cheap price it deserved rather the name, piñata'. " In the test the time were
very expensive Leica Telyt-R 6.8 / 560 mm, the Novoflex Noflexar 8/600 mm, the
bright Pentax SMC 4.5 / 500 mm and compared to dirt-cheap Beroflex 8/500 mm. It
then cost around 200 marks, while the price of the competitors went into the
thousands. There is a rumor that the "piñata" was also tested only for fun, but
then unexpectedly not so bad sections. Identical from other manufacturers The
positive test result, the company did indeed own. Walter E. Schön: "The company
Beroflex then has for years cited that last sentence from my test in their
advertising for this lens, so this lens under the name, piñata 'become
popular." So-called Wundertüten there was the same design from other
manufacturers. Lenses of this type are not particularly bright and very long.
But their image quality was attracted. (asa)

Dirk

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015 13:32
An: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [rollei_list] Rolleiflex SL 35 E and birds in the wild

Last month I bought a tele lens 6,3/400mm from the '60s-'70s made in Japan, its
commercial brand is according the importer: Hanimex, Soligor, Vivitar and
others; mine is "Hanimex", an importer from Australia; it has M42 mount and
then my topic about the Rollei M42- QBM adapter.

This tele lens is long like a canyon and heavy. It has a ring with a tripod
socket but I used it camera hand-held (not recommended, it requires a tripod).
I was only checking it for the first time, I had a Kodak Pro-image ISO 100
loaded in the Rolleiflex SL 35 E (the tele lens requires an ISO 400 film at
least). You need 1/500 or faster shutter speed to eliminate camera movement in
the image; if you are using an ISO 100 film, you are limited to the lens f stop
full aperture, f 6,3, for subjects in shadow.

I took these two photographs about birds in the wild last week- end in the
farm; they were taken with the Hanimex 6,3/400mm, camera hand-held, lens wide
open f6,3, 1/500 shutter speed, Kodak Pro-Image ISO 100 color negative film,
and the Rolleiflex SL 35 E with the Rollei M42 adapter, It's not easy to take
photographs about birds in the wild, I'm starting to learn:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/16386867475/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/16199455170/