[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: further Franke & Heidecke news

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 02:43:03 -0400

> 2009/10/5 Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Who would never invest in some fly by night camera?
>> I stick with the standard of the industry tried and long term true:
>> I'm sticking with my 500c Hasselblad.
>> They'll never stop making that camrea.
>
> The investor talking with the bankruptcy administrator is interested
> about to manufacture the TLR and other classic Rollei cameras like the
> Rollei 35. The Rolleiflex TLR has been produced along 80 years, more
> the double of the time than your 500.-
>
> Carlos
> ---

Yes I'm getting it Rollei is the Teflon camrea. Just when you think it's
dead  this time for sure some new entity has thrown a fresh life saver. This
had happened decade after decade.
I'm saying the things we think are standards which will always be with us
may not. At least the companies which make them. The companies can go under
but the cameras still keep clicking. How long has Deardorf company been
pushing up daises? Its still the greatest camrea when the votes come in from
all the top people and that's in the present tense. Classic camrea concepts
don't always need living companies to back there. We can cannibalize bodies
for spare parts. And they often have an elegant simplicity on their side.

Who would have thought overnight a 5000 dollar  classic Hasselblad setup
would be worth 500?  To me though all mine needs is a prosumer digital back.

Mark William Rabiner