[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: ...Rollei lenses

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:33:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 1:08 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: ...Rollei lenses

Hi Dirk:
        I found my old Rollei catalog, it says:
"H1 (Not necessary for use with the 5-element Planar, Xenotar and Sonnar) UV filter, especially designed for long distance colour photography...." It was quite neutral'cause it was recommended for regular color shooting (landscapes especially), not for high mountain, lakes, rivers, beach and snow that require stronger UV filters.

Carlos

Its possible that one or more of the glass types used in these lenses cut off transmission quickly above the visible blue. Also, some optical cements do not pass UV.

Los Angeles, CA, USA