[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Rollei historical ads

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 23:17:24 -0500

At 09:40 PM 8/27/2013, you wrote:

>... If I remember correctly, the 70 mm magazine was based on a Mamiya magazine.,,

Yes, the Rollei back is like a modified Mamiya RB67 70mm back. Rollei
replaced the Mamiya lever wind with an electric motor,  the pressure
plate was also replaced, and Rollei replaced the body-mounting part of
course. Some electric connectors were added for the Rollei version.
Mamiya and Rollei backs use double perforated 70mm film.

Carlos

There is a pair of apparently new Mamiya's on government surplus, starting at $25 for the lot, which includes two heavy-duty tripods.

Strange lot.

DAW