[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: News from the DHW-Rollei-Insolvency Auction

  • From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:07:12 -0500

I don't expect Leica to make TLRs, just letting my imagination run wild.
The TLR is now a dead issue.

From: Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] DHW-Rollei-Insolvency Auction
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:09:18 +0000

Unfortunately,
I have very bad news.

The Insolvency Sale starts on Tuesday.

http://www.proventura.de//insolvenzversteigerung-des-kameraherstel
<http://www.proventura.de/insolvenzversteigerung-des-kameraherstel>
lers-dhw-fototechnik-gmbh-ehem.-franke--heidecke-gmbh-salzdahlumer
-str.-196-38126-braunschweig-finale-liste-online/auction/2669/bild
katalog/seite/19/#bildkatalog

I had a visit today at the factory. EVERYTHING is sold by Tuesday in
an auction. There were a lot of visitors from all over Europe, from Cyprus
to Lithuania, a lot of Rollei enthusiasts.
The auction on Tuesday will blow up the tears. But there is no
alternative.
I met at the factory the former R&D Head of Rollei Fototechnic, and
we had a joint tour.
We saw the drilling and grinding workshop, the optical assembly
lines and final testing lines. All looked as they were left yesterday. A
lot of partly assembled HY6 and TLR could be seen on the assembly lines.
We went to the LARGE cellar of Rollei, like catacombs. There are
plenty of rooms which have never visited for the last 30 years! They are
full of single lenses, lense blankets, parts for TLR, test equipment and so
on.
The collection of the last - at least - 30 years which nobody used
anymore.
We visited the shelter, under in the cellar, which was built during
WWII. It is also full of old stuff. All is going out by tomorrow, and for
a lot of valuable items nobody will take care about. They all will be go to
trash.
Personally, I will try to bid for an autocollimator. They still have
plenty of them. They have been built in the 1960s in batches of hundreds by
Rollei directly. They are going out for 50 Euros.

IT IS VERY SAD!

I hoped, there would be somebody found who would take all items in a
batch to continue, but this did not happen.

I take numerous of photos which I will display later on.

Best regards, and God bless some people from former DHW which still
want to continue.

Regards

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org