[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Guide to Buying a Rollei TLR

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 23:56:34 -0800

I am not sure I remember. I never had a roll spring apart in any camera. As far as toilet paper someone I knew in my former life at -hp- was sure the direction would tell if one was East coast or West coast. Really. I have no idea what else he thought. Since I was born on one coast and brought on the other, plus lived a year in the Solid South, I have no idea. I probably do what my mom did. I do leave a spare roll (paper not film) on the tank (toilet not developing). Just in case.
I have a couple of Rollei instruction books on this machine. Neither says anything about the sticker. The 2.8C book says to insert the roll, thread the film, and close the back. Says nothing about the sticky tape at either end or about threading between the rollers. Maybe there is another book or it was thought that EVERYONE MUST know how a Rolleiflex worked, perhaps embedded knowledge at birth like knowing how to breathe. At the moment I can't find any of my books on the Rollei which must have more complete details. Another thought, if one leaves the sticky tape on the film its likely to get into the body of the camera. Can't remember this ever happening. People always like to make things complicated. A great many things in life are not complicated. I appreciate them more and more as I approach the century mark apace. Rolleis are real easy.
    Redacted means someone removed him with a felt tip pen.

On 1/17/2016 11:16 PM, Don Williams wrote:

At 10:00 PM 1/17/2016, you wrote:

I don't know what "dmarc" is. I'm daxelb@aol. Odd. So, does anyone remove the tape in the camera?

David Baumbach

I never did.