[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Fw: SL 2000 F - and my attitude about it

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 11:28:20 -0800

I think I will keep my Nikon F.

On 12/15/2015 10:50 AM, Sven Keller wrote:

My SL2000 runs on „eneloops“ just fine, these are NiMH batteries that do not discharge as fast as others.

SL2000s are pretty cheap now, so if yours dies, buying another one is probably a lot cheaper than repairing the old one (not true for 3003s though). Anyway, if a SL2000 has held up all these years, there is a good chance it will survive the next decades also.

Herr Paekpe certainly knows his craft. I found him difficult to deal with.

The main problem of the SL2000 – as I see it – is its ergonomics. If you are used to other 35mm SLRs you will find that the SL2000 provides no benefits over other SLRs but numerous disadvantages, starting with the fact that you cannot even decently hold it without attaching a voluminous grip first.

But love is a funny thing…

Regards,

Sven