[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Comparison: scanned Rolleiflex Slide vs. 100 ISO ditigal...

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:34:16 -0300

2012/2/12 Ferdi Stutterheim <F.W.Stutterheim-77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> HHmm,
>
> 10,000 digital images per shooting day! It must be a very long day. That
> Canon 5 shutter must be worn out in a fortnight. I don't believe this.

They were comments the article's author received from some
professional photographers and he did not believe them, he reduced 10,
000 digital images per shooting day to 3, 000 and he also reduced the
number of  shoot-days in a year from between 52 and 104 to 26 for his
cost comparison.
During our  travel to climb the Lanin volcano my son took about 600
images along one week with his digital camera despite photography was
a secondary point for us, I took 72 photographs, 48 with the 3.5F and
24 with the Rolleiflex SL 35M, however I obtained the same number of
usable images regarding my son's images because he took a lot of
images about the same subject and/or situation or about no interesting
subjects, you have a pretty hard task to select the best images
afterwards; it looks like the approach as photographer is different
according you use film or digital regarding the number of images to
take, the difference is more significant if you hardly or you never
shot film  as it's the case for my son.