[rollei_list] Re: ADMIN: Petr's tone

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:30:22 -0300

Your final statement is your statement, it is not my statement, you
are insisting again with the Epson Perfection scanners provided with
dual lenses system for different resolution size scanning that in my
second post I wrote I was wrong to include them in the first
statement. It's clear that there are enough samples saying that the
best focus for the _newest_ Epson scanners are on the glass from 0 to
0.5mm that it could be not by chance. These are more samples, this
time with the newer Epson v500:

"I did a test of my v500 on a resolution target and found the focus
was good for about 800 lines per inch from 0 to .5mm plus the film
thickness from the surface of the glass, going from 2400 to 4800 dpi
made no real differences, 3200 DPI seems to be optimal for 35mm while
2400 dpi seems to be best for 120, kind of explains why you have to go
to medium format to get a worth while size print. Also explains why a
special film holder is not going to buy you much with the v500 optics
and it's LED illumination.
This confirmed the results of wet scanning with the film right against
the glass"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrix_feet/2157756897/

"Interesting I did a focus check at 4800dpi by ramping a piece of
frosted glass. Everything is in relatively good focus from 0 to 0.5mm
from the glass scanning surface for the V500. This is a very good
depth of field. It seem the optics have been designed to be tolerant
of film that is not flat. This kind of explains why I can do a scan
with the film directly on the scanner and covered with a piece of anti
glare glass and it seems to be as well focused as when I use the slide
holder. It also explains why I can do the wet scan without using a
mylar spacer."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrix_feet/2643076036/

Carlos