[rollei_list] ADMIN: Owner Lapse

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:29:41 -0400

I shall be absent from my routine supervision of this magnificent List from
Monday afternoon on 6/27 until 7/7 or so.  I am scheduled to travel off to
the USian northlands, in Alaska, to view my seven-month-old grandson for
the first time.  I have not warned the fellow moderators of this, but you
are being left in capable hands as they are quite as capable as I am at
slapping down foolishness and combating ignorance on all fronts as I am.

Those of some duration on this List will recall that my last such vacation
was around this same time four years back when I went to Ireland on my
honeymoon.

My primary conflict is whether to entrust my father's fly rod to the
vagueries of airline transport.  He bought this in Reno in 1947 and had it
with him when he prospected a couple of busted claims there in 1948. I grew
up on this fly rod and used it until, for a variety of reasons, none
gustatory or enviornmental, I ceased fishing in 1965.  Forty years later, I
am getting back into fly fishing, and all of my adult help has died.
Sheezh!

In any event, please have a grand time between now and the 10th ultimo, and
I shall be back by then or before.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!