[rollei_list] Re: ADMIN: Clipping Messages

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:20:05 -0700

At 02:00 PM 10/13/2005, Bob Shell wrote:

Go to Radio Shack and buy a cheap two-button mouse. I think the Mac mouse is an idiotic design. Sure it looks neat, but it is hardly functional. I use Wacom drawing tablets with their cordless mice.
These have two buttons and a scroll wheel, and you can switch to the stylus anytime you want. You can get one of their little 4 X 5 ones for well under $ 100.

Bob

I have to confess, I have never used a mouse on my own system. I have used them when I had to when working at client sites.

I use a trackball, generally with a foot pedal for the left click function. Quick, easy, never run off the mouse pad, and never get a sore hand or arm.

At the moment I am using a Microsoft product, a nice trackball with a thumb scroll button, two left-click buttons and two right-click buttons.

I still have the foot pedal from my old Kraft trackball, which died after 20 years of use.

I agree with Bob that a drawing tablet is very useful in some situations, especially when trying to outline something in Photoshop. Very difficult with a trackball, and probably not that easy with a mouse.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA