[rollei_list] ADMIN: A New And Improved Rollei List

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:11:24 -0500

With deeply appreciated assistance from Eric Goldstein, I have set up a new
Rollei List at Freelists.Org.  This new host should ensure that the spam
content will drop dramatically if not be eliminated totally.  This new List
is also web-based, allowing a more personal control of your subscription.

I have subscribed about one quarter of the List but am still floundering at
trying to subscribe the rest.  If you receive this message twice, then you
are already subscribed to the new List.  If not, you should subscribe to
the new list either by sending email to
rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.
If this fails to work, please contact me directly.

I have added Stan Yoder, Richard Knoppow, and Eric Goldstein as
co-moderators of this new List though I will continue to be the principal
administrator.

To post to the new List, simply mail your missive to:

rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =20

I have not yet figured out how to do a mass subscription for the digest, so
I will be subscribing the Digest members as regular members.  You can
adjust your own subscription at //www.freelists.org=20

This will take some getting used to both on your part and on mine:  change
is stress, after all!  But you guys have been remarkably patient in
allowing me a lot of time to fix the problems on this List, and I deeply
appreciate your forebearance.  (To my knowledge, I have yet to be burned in
Effigy (a small town outside Iowa City, Iowa, by the way), though I suspect
that some of you have been so inclined over these stressful past months.

I will keep the old List running for some time, a month or so, and would
ask that those who wish to do things such as posting FAQ's and the like
contact me directly, as this new system allows us greater flexibility than
we enjoyed under MAJORDOMO.

Marc James Small
Rollei List Owner

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20