[rollei_list] Re: A visit to Franke und Heidecke, "museum" an new 4,0 FT tele-rolleiflex

  • From: Delphine Descamps Ricci <Delphine.Descamps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:09:47 +0200

Ils ont oublié de publier les infos sur la gamme 6008 ou qua ?
Where is the 600x series on the new site ?
Any idea?
Andrea

Le 01-sept.-06 à 13:04, bigler@xxxxxxxx a écrit :

Emmanuel, Originally this building was a community building
(Gemeinschatshaus) for the Rollei workers. Now it is (was?) the
Rollei museum. The museum dates from the Samsung era. Koreans feel
that history is very important, I was told. So Samsung purchased a
private general photography and camera collection with hardly any
Rollei content. It is not a factory museum. I have been there once
or twice. It is "all right" but not very special. I am not sure
about it's present status. Ferdi.

Thank you, Ferdi.

As of March, 2006, the place did not seem to be open so often to the
public, but we did not want to bother Herr Kanzer with this story. In
fact by a coincidence when we left the factory just in front of this
"museum", Dirk-Roger and me met the Big Boss, Herr Hans Hartje with
whom we had a short but friendly exchange. We did't want to bother him
either with the details ;-);-)

The new F&H web site is now active and already features the .pdf
brochure for the new tele-Rolleiflex TLR model 4,0 FT. The pdf is in
German but everybody will understand that the minimum focusing
distance is now 1.5 metre. A significant improvement w/respect to the
classic tele-rollei.

http://www.franke-heidecke.net/produkte_detail.php? id=10266&kat=mittelformat

The ftm curves are accessible and correctly labeled ;-);-), it looks
if the new 135 lens has been designed for being used wide open and not
stopped down like view camera lenses.

The laws of optics for f=135 mm suggest us that the achievable
magnification ratio is now about 1:10 for the 4,0 FT so the mechanical
travel of the lens board has probably been extended to about 13-14 mm
(extension = magnif_ratio * focal_length) instead of about 8 mm with
the beloved twin cam system designed for a 75 or 80 mm focal length
(the standard rollei has a focusing range limited to 1:10 as well).

So we are looking forward to know the technical details of the new
focusing system ;-);-)

--
Emmanuel BIGLER
<bigler@xxxxxxxx>