[rollei_list] A sad loss to our group

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:49:12 -0500

I received this last night from Joe McCary and thought all of you would like to know:

Bob, I am not sure you knew George King (truebadger@xxxxxxx) personally, but in emails to me he mentioned you in several discussions about the Rollie Board (forum). I am sure he did not mention this to the group, but his recent absence was his fighting lung cancer. He passed away last Saturday morning at home in Aspen Hill, MD. I hoped you could pass on this sad info on to that group. George, a retired electrical engineer was an avid Leica and Rollie user for many decades. He was a staunch film guy, fighting digital improvements whenever the occasion permitted. George, as many “old film guys” was a master in his own home darkroom. He lived in my general area and we became on-line friends when we realized we both knew many common people. While not a legend as many whose deaths we see reported, but he really enjoyed that Rollie group and I am sure he has some friends who will miss him.