[rollei_list] Re: A dream and memories

  • From: J M N <retinaiiic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:16:20 -0500

printers use to have that kind of photo paper for "proofs."

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:53:37 -0600
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: dwilli10@xxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] A dream and memories

Since we have discussed chemistry and "developing out" processes, I think the
following comments fall within our range of allowable subjects.

First of all the dream- I had a dream last night in which the main issue is
that we were somewhere special and had some print papers that had been exposed
and had some dim images on them.  We wanted/needed better images and some sort
of preservation so I found something in the hotel/motel/castle kitchen that
brought out the images.  I then had the prints washed with water and then
washed with a weak vinegar solution and washed again.  The results were pretty
good- end of dream, no conclusion reached.

Now the memory- When I was in the second or third grade (an age at which we all
had reasonable motor skills and a few pennies to spend) we were able to "take
pictures".  The fact is that we bought some sort of kit (from the drugstore
across the street) which must have consisted of some stock negatives, some kind
of print paper, and a sort of metal holder with bent up edges which held the
paper and negative together.  We then put all this in the sun for a few
minutes, and behold, a print came up.

I have no recollection of what happened next, whether there was a way to
stabilize the image, etc. but am sure that a couple of folks on this list will
come up with the proper term for what we did and the paper we used.

I have very vivid dreams nightly, but even though I make a point of remembering
them, this is one of the few I remembered in any detail.

DAW