[rollei_list] Re: A Zeiss-Binocular Meet?

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:46:47 -0700

Don,

Yes we just got one of those stovetops too. Viking... That and a double convection oven. It all cost more than my first Porsche!!

Jerry

Don Williams wrote:

"Schott" struck a chord with me. I think that we once had a project with Kodak and that company came up with respect to some lenses we were having designed for a Microfiche project (yes it was a long time ago).

Then today I remembered seeing it on the top of our new stove. The cook top is one of these radiant heat systems that appears black unless a heating element is on. At the back there is the note:

*Schott
Ceran

*Must be pretty tough stuff and probably has a very low coefficient of thermal expansion, it doesn't seem to break from heat or cold. In any case I would assume it's the same company, and there is a much larger market for range tops than lens blanks.

DAW