[rollei_list] Re: A TLR Rolleiflex in the Everest

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:45:23 -0400

At 08:31 AM 10/27/2009, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>My point is that the Rolleiflex was used to take official photographs,

Let us drop it. The shots made by Gregory with his Rolleiflex were not "official" photographs and the Everest Committee has never claimed ownership over them, as they have claimed for the "official" photographs taken on the Contax II's. The Everest Committee's claim to ownership of Sir Edmund's high pictures is problematic but he never fought that though Shipton argued that he ought to have done so.

Again, we have flogged this dead horse sufficiently. You seem to feel that Gregory's Rolleiflex shots were "official" despite the attitude of the Everest Committee that they were not. So be it.

What can you teach us of Capra's use of his Automat on the approach to Juno Beach on D-Day?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!