[rollei_list] Re: A Picture That Mattered to Me

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:57:44 -0300

Marc:
           There are NG, Discovery channel videos and articles and
Science magazine articles about the Neanderthal , some of them showing
the last genetic research about the Neanderthal,  there is no a direct
genetic relationship between Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal except for a
common ancestor thousands and thousands of years ago, each species
evolved separately and each one developed adaptations for  the cold
climate independently; blue eyes, pale skin, red or blond hair are
human and other animals like Siberian and Alaskan dogs adaptations for
a climate cold too much according it was in the glaciers era. It is
demonstrated that Neanderthal  and Homo Sapiens have similars but not
identical genes for those features. It is possible that during Homo
Sapiens and Neanderthal contact there were some genetic crossing and
some hybrid persons, but it was not reflected in the current Homo
Sapiens genetic map.
 It is very discussed and there are several theories to explain the
Neanderthal people extinction causes, it is demonstrated Homo Sapiens
was more versatile to adapt to different situations and to manufacture
tools than Neanderthals, it is even possible homo sapiens had not a
direct relationship with the Neanderthals extinction and it was the
climate change and traditional Neanderthals hunting preys
disappereance the cause for the extinction, or it's possible Homo
Sapiens had a moe direct relationship with those causes, but main
theories tend to afirm homo sapiens was not the main cause for
Neanderthal extinction.

Neanderthals were human beings of course and to watch a child rebuilt
face produces emotion, thanks for the link.

Carlos