[rollei_list] Re: 6x6 (Rollei) slide shows, was: 35mm Slides from Digital Images

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:09:18 -0400

>> I am surprised there isn't (to my knowledge) any group of classic
>> slide show aficionados in the US,
> We're all here on the Rollei list. We have our slide shows in private
> - it's an American Individualist thing.
>
> Your journal looks fun - I wish I could read it.
>
> Elias

I did slide shows for Six Flagg's St. Louis and Dallas TX and operated the
one in St. Louis for ten months.. It had projectors in pairs one show with 4
screens one show with 3. Slides mounted in glass and created by me.  An
electronic board was made to order to operate the slideshow with a stretch
screen which came down over a big band and behind singers and dancers.
I worked 10 hour days seven days a week but only 10 minutes out of every
hour. So there's not much I don't know about amusement parks. Finally I got
sick falling off a catwalk with blood poisoning from an impacted tooth so I
had to write out a score so someone else could run the show and I could get
a laundry day.  1974
Silicon spray helps when the slides start to stick.

Mark William Rabiner