[rollei_list] Re: 6x6 (Rollei) slide shows, was: 35mm Slides from Digital Images

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:18:14 -0400

> John et al.
>
> I second this.  If you aren't convinced that a 6x6 slide show is far
> superior to anything digitally projected, try to catch one of
> Helfried Weyers slide shows next time you are in Europe:  http://
> www.helfried-weyer.de/ (sorry, site is only in German).
> He uses the 600x system Rolleiflex and continues in the tradtion of
> Walther Benser (Leica) and Ernst Wildi (Hasselblad)
>
> I am sure high end digital projector like the Leica Pradovit D-1200
> are very very good, but at their price ($11,950 at B&H) price you
> could purchase four Rollei 66 Dual P ($2590).
>
> I am surprised there isn't (to my knowledge) any group of classic
> slide show aficionados in the US, as there is in Germany with its own
> journal .
> Jan
>
> On Oct 13, 2009, at 1:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:
>> From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> A 'real' slide show, especially with 6x6 transparencies is way, way
>> better
>> than a digital projector can produce.
>> I did a comparison with a 6x6 transparency and a scanned file of that
>> transparency, both projected side by side to about 4 feet square. The
>> digital projector image was pixelated and the colours and contrast
>> range
>> were not a patch on the slide. The Digital image was brighter though.
>> John

A 36x24mm slide show is far superior to anything digitally projected But If
you ask somebody 20 years of age they've never seen a slide projector nor
36x24mm slide show.
And if you ask somebody 40 years of age they've never seen a 60x60mm slide
show. Or any other age.  I've only seen one once. By Ernst Wildi. Who I
spoke with at length.

Mark William Rabiner