[rollei_list] Re: 6006 quirk and my own struggle

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:14:51 EST

Stan, such is the way with Rollei electronic goods.
My long gone and never lamented 6006 just sat there slapping its mirror like
a set of chattering gag teeth one evening.  Marflex said it was a bad main
board and fixed it for more than a couple hundred bucks.  I traded it at the
next
Buena Park, CA camera show for a beautiful Nikon F4 which still works
flawlessly ten years later.
The Rollei enlarger (Oh Lord...) had a nifty little remote control for the
light and power focus which rarely worked as it should have.  IIRC this wasn't
the rebadged LPL model.
I feel it when a 6008 or even a 3003 (?) 35mm passes but  I harken back to
those miserable and very expensive problems which plagued my "modern" Rollei
goods (bads...?) and the initial lust to fitfully passes.  This is an ongoing
struggle since I do love camera gear and trying out different bodies and lenses.
My all manual 2.8F TLR is a dream to use and if automated medium format is
called for I grab the Pentax 645NII and blaze away.
35mm has pretty much given way to a Fujifilm S1 D-SLR with Nikon lens mount.
Keeping the sensor clean is a hassle and makes me appreciate film more every
time I use it for anything but ebaying or snapshooting.
Thanksgiving will be covered with a Zeiss Box Tengor, Super Ikonta III and
2.8F.  No digital or miniature film this year.
Health, Peace
Lance
Smellma, NC 27576
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 11/20/2007 6:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
s.yoder@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Last night, in the wee hours, I awoke to a 'ratcheting' sound. I traced it to
my 6006, which was in
the open on a table, merrily whirring away (the film advance motor.) The
switch was OFF, no film in
the back. I pulled the battery and it ceased. Silence once again ensued. Back
to bed.

Bah! Humbug!

Or is it Hah! Bedbug!?

Anyone have a diagnosis, or is it simply the allegedly flaky electronics of
this model?

So from henceforth I'll store it with the battery out.

Stan Yoder

products.