[rollei_list] Re: 6006 SLR questions

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:10:46 -0000

Stan,

The 6002 & 6006 have 'centre weighted' shutter speed priority auto exposure
with a manual exposure option. In manual mode ie lens aperture set to any
position except 'A' the meter LEDs give no reading whatsoever. In Auto mode,
you set the shutter speed that you require and set the lens to 'A'. When you
press the metering (stop down) button on the RHS the aperture markers on the
lens flick to the metered aperture and no lights appear in the viewfinder,
meaning that a correct exposure is possible. If the shutter speed chosen is out
of range for the light conditions, ie the camera cannot match a suitable
aperture to the selected shutter speed, then one of the LEDs on the RHS of
viewfinder screen will light up. Top one for overexposure and bottom for
underexposure (I think - from memory). To correct the situation you turn the
shutter speed knob towards the illuminated LED until it extinguishes. The
exposure will now be within range. If the lights do not illuminate as described
here or the aperture indicators flick to f22 and back to maximum aperture and
you cannot get a usable reading whatever speed you choose, the chances are that
the meter circuit board is faulty. I have had that with my 6002 and one of my
6006s. I had my 6002 repaired a number of years ago but I have not bothered
with my 6006 because I bought another body for £150, which is probably cheaper
than getting the faulty one fixed. Howerver, the camera still works in manual
mode exactly the same as a 6001 would. I have not tried the TTL flash with this
camera though.

I do not know if spares are still available but probably
http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/ who I have used and are authorised repairers
in Germany, will be able to help.
Also
http://homepage.mac.com/fwstutterheim/rolleigraphy/rolleiflex_service.htm#d has
a list of Rolleiflex Repair Shops by Ferdi Stutterheim

There are two further LEDs at the top of the screen; one green one for TTL
flash confirmation and flash charged notification and a red one which, when the
stopdown button is pressed, will indicate if the battery is low and should be
recharged.

For interest the later PQS ie 1/1000 second lenses are marked 'not for SLX,
6002 & 6006' because they do not have the aperture indicators, giving a LED
readout in the viewfinder. PQ lenses are fine with all cameras

I do have a copy of the manual which I can copy but I may even have a spare
copy. I will check later and let you know.

Best regards

John Wild