[rollei_list] 6000 parts

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:16:50 -0700

Well, I received my magazine lock parts today. I ordered three because of the $25.00 minimum. They seem to be made of a different material than the original part. Maybe less regrind and more virgin plastic.
The magazine locks into place with much more certainty and with a definite snap to it.

Now, how to check if this part is going out. Check each release separately. Press each one to see if the back opens with just one lock release pushed in. If it does open, then it means that the other side is worn. If the wear is slight, move the part around until it allows both claws to catch. However, that is only a short term fix, good for maybe a hundred to a couple hundred rolls of film. Then it's rubber band time.

Slobodan Dimitrov Studio G-8, AGCC http://sdimitrovphoto.com

--- Rollei List