[rollei_list] Re: 6 x 9 search

  • From: "C. Kevin O'Hagan" <thalamus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:15:57 -0700

That being said, my GSW690 I has been  no problem, but it is bulky.
I bought a Brooks Veriwide (1st model / 47 S.A.) to take it s place.
The GSW690 I is fine, if one is not leery of Fuji's supportt going forward; (I own 7 of their MF there support of their MF cameras is shrinking)
It still is Great Glass and well engineered product.
If anyone is interested in a GSW690 I /65mm, film counter around 198, please contact me off list.
Kevin

Jeff Kelley wrote:
I had a GSW690III and the 65mm lens was outstanding for landscapes. I wish I still owned it.

Be forewarned, however, that these have taken on cult status since Fuji discontinued them.

I sold mine for several hundred dollars MORE than I paid new! I saw one go for over $1800 on ebay in the last month!

The lens is outstanding but I don't think I'd pay $1800 for one!

BTW, if you go the Fuji route, stick with the II or III models. Fuji still stocks parts and sevices those but I've heard the they no longer have parts for the older generation models.

Jeff

From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 6 x 9 search