[rollei_list] Re: 4x5.5 16 exposure masking set

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 04:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

John:
      I think after Claus Prochnow books about Rollei products, a new Rollei
book does not make sense, Claus' books have some errors and omisions but they
are minimal in comparison with the right and complete info you can obtain from
them, and we are in the digital era now.In fact I obtained from the Report I
the info about the Rolleicord II Phillips camera, the page 244 has 3
photographs on this model, one of them showing the camera without the lateral
panel and the 24 exposures wheel counter.

Talking about my book (it's about the German immigration to my province/state
during the XIXth century), yesterday I saw the plates to print it in the
Printing House; while the pre-press process is digital 100%, offset printing
process is chemical 100%, they have two machines, one of them receives the
aluminium plate with a green light sensitive surface, this machine
"photographs" on the sensitive surface the info received from the computer -
the book pages with the inks separation-the "photographed" aluminium plate
passes through the second machine that processes it like a b&w negative film
and you have the green surface converted into your book pages ready to print.
The machines are in a room with a special yellow light to avoid plates fog (the
plates were Fuji).

My book has photographs very much, however only three are Rollei photographs,
the rest are 100 years old in average. I converted the book original files into
PDF format to print, it allows the Printing House to handle the document page
per page to organize the printing pages distribution according the paper size.
PDF format respects the image quality if you choose the right options for the
conversion process.
Perhaps I'll quote an URL where you could see the way I transformed an original
Rolleiflex 3.5F photograph into the book cover, the page is under construction.

Carlos