[rollei_list] Re: 4x5

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:55:59 +0100

Thanks guys.

I’ve brought the ‘Graphic back up from the basement along with the roll film
back and will familiarize myself with them soon.

Anyone have any good references to start with? I have figured out how to open
it, but am not sure how far out to pull the front standard/lens assembly, and
note that the rangefinder on the side (Kalart?), is not only dim, but seems not
to be calibrated at all.

As far as I can tell this is a Century Graphic (2x3” model) with graflok back,
and a “Singer” RH 10 rollfilm back, with a large blue winding lever and a
darkslide on it. The film gate aperture looks like 6x7cm to me.

The camera’s serial number is: 518316, it’s fitted with a Graphlex Optar 101mm
f/4.5 (made by Wollensack), the shutter goes up to 1/400 second.

Thanks,
Thor