[rollei_list] Re: 35mm Rollei Question

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:38:02 -0000

Marvin,

I have a Rolleiflex 3003 camera which is the last in the range of 35mm
cameras with removable film back. It is a 5-module concept; body with
integral motor wind, TTL flash metering and auto-aperture
priority/manual exposure, interchangeable viewfinder, film back, battery
pack and lenses. It has eyelevel optical viewfinder and interchangeable
flip-up viewfinder on top. A Polaroid back was also available [expensive
:-( ] as were some mouth watering accessories (including night vision
and underwater housing) at a price of course. There were two ranges of
lenses, Zeiss/Rollei made Zeiss and Rolleinar made by Mamiya. Zooms by
various companies including Tokina and Sigma.

The first camera was the SL2000 with various minor changes then the
SL3003. A cheaper model was the SL3001 which only had the optical
viewfinder. It was also made as a half frame 35mm for German police
(criminal)ID pictures. A rare variant.

Great to use, a bit heavy and 'boxy' but I enjoy using it. The option of
two viewfinders is very useful; lenses are good; full range of
accessories available, a true system camera.

Some pictures on http://www.janboettcher.de/MuseumR3eng.html.

Hope that is a useful starter, more detail available if required & can
copy brochure.

If it's the SL35 range (lenses are the same Rollei 'QBM' (Quick Bayonet
Mount] except for various transfer-of-information modifications - see
Prochnow), sorry if the above is a waste of time but I've got some of
those too so I can blurb on that as well ;-)

Best wishes

John