[rollei_list] Re: 3.5F with Rollei 128BC flash

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:07:27 -0300

I add to Elias explanation that after you verified the 3.5F flash
lever is at "X" position you can fire the flash at any shutter speed
because the Rollei TLR central leaf shutter has X synch for any speed,
however it's necessary to be careful, you could need to compensate
with the diaphragm the shutter speed changes if the light becomes out
of the automatic flash selected range, it happened to me that using
1/250, or 1/500 the frames were underexposed because I did not adjust
the diaphragm for the faster shutter speed.
At 1/125 the Vivitar 283 flash exposure guide and automatic range for
the distances work fine for the 3.5F and at 1/100 for the 2.8C and
Rolleicord IV,  I use them with these shutter speeds for flash in
general.
Carlos