[rollei_list] Re: 3.5F for $1,200?

  • From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:31:45 -0500

ebay rating is a function of transparency of information (condition,
return policy, shipping cost, etc) and efficient execution.  it's
not an indicator of general price level, since
buyers are free to bid whatever they want for an object, or to not
enter into the transaction at all.

in other words, i don't think it is legitimate for a buyer to
give a seller a negative rating because the price was too high, or
indeed to complain in general that the seller "charged too much".

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx
Ridgewood, New Jersey